Monday, August 04, 2008

Two Week Outlook on Life

Family, friends in Houston, friends outside of Houston, soccer teammates, and coworkers all get the same response to my ability to be somewhere in the future: I only have a two week outlook on my life. This has played havoc with event planning, friends coming to visit, court dates, and bill collecting, but overall I have found it rather exciting. But things have been going a little crazy lately.

As most of you know, I have been traveling to Lagos, Nigeria lately. The idea was to eventually move to Lagos for about a year, half the time spent in Lagos and the other half on and off of an oil platform. It would pay very large sums of money and it would look good at work, because no one else is willing to go to Nigeria. Well I have been making strides towards getting a work visa here in Nigeria, and I finally got the approval I needed and informed my boss (in Houston) of this fact. Now instead of a congrats (getting the work visa can often be a difficult process) he tells me that ‘management’ wants me to go elsewhere. Now they want me to move to either Tokyo or Brisbane, Australia… and just recently added Dubai, U.A.E. This not too long after they asked me to go to Doha, Qatar, only to tell me that opportunity was no longer applicable. There are many reasons why my current situation is so variable, but I need some stability in my life.

I will probably end up going to one of these places, with a preference for Tokyo or Dubai, but really I just want a home for more than one month at a time.

1 Comments:

Blogger TheRealestOne said...

wherever you go, I'm coming to visit !

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home