Monday, June 30, 2008

Free Stuff Sucks

You know that saying, nothing in life is free? I am beginning to believe it. I have been bragging about my free Microsoft Zune (80 GB) that I got from my Corporate American Express Card reward points. It was new, shiny, and more expensive than an MP3 player I would ever buy for myself. I was very excited to have gotten it.

All that changed yesterday when it decided to erase all 40GB of music I had put on it. Don’t worry, the music is still safely on the computer, but the Zune has crapped out. Every time I try and load any music on it, it freezes and gives my computer the blue screen of death.

So now I have to get it replaced. Which sucks, because I am in Nigeria. How am I supposed to 1) call support 2) ship the thing back 3) receive the replacement when I am on a different continent. Worse is the fact that I am on a manufacturers warranty driven timeline. Fortunately, I can’t get too upset because its not like something broke that I actually paid for.

2 Comments:

Blogger oogie said...

Microsoft: Still sucking, in every continent on the planet. And that's a guarantee.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Tatamwari said...

You'll be home soon, anyway, right? Well, if not soon enough for the warranty all I can offer is a hearty good luck!

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home