Friday, July 04, 2008

My New Office Distraction

I was trying to find a map of lagos and ended up finding this awesome website instead. It is www.nairaland.com and is basically a forum for discussion about Nigeria or Nigerians.

Here is the post that got me hooked

Entry One (Submitted by angry African American)

I've been reading the Nigerian online News reports and all I see is loads and loads, and loads, and loads of articles on how this person and that person has stole some shit and or cheated somebody out of some shit. I mean, like a good 85% of the listed articles are focused on instances of mass corruption in the nation and or mass violence incurred most like via some form of corruption. I'm tired of it.Why in the hell can't them knuckleheads get their shit together with all those resources and talent amongst you folks and that nation still hasn't been developed in to being worth a shit more than providing the west and Asians with resources like this is till the fucking colonial days. Please, I want to know, what the mess is the problem. Don't you know the world is laugh at you fools raping each other as they go about raping you unison? This is ridiculous, to have all that free potential and yet not achieve a got damn thing with it. LOSERS is what most folks would call such unproductive people. Don't get me wrong here, I not trying to be hateful; I mean AA need to step our game up too, though at least we've made extreme progress within the past few decades in getting many of our social ills under control. Though Nigerians as a whole seam like they're make no progress, and in actuality have gone backward. To have what you Nigerian have and not be like a major world power by now is just trifling ridiculous. All that potential wasted. I can't even joke about this shit because it make me too angry to even think about it. What the hell is it going to take to stop the rampant mass corruption holding that nation back; and save me the bullshit about the government heads doing all the corrupting, because its like a nationally embedded mentality. Not all are mentally corrupt though a pretty damn large bunch are. You need like a national mental cleansing of that whole nation.


Entry Two (by genius Nigerian)


I've been reading the US online News reports and all I see is loads and loads, and loads, and loads of articles on black-on-black crime, drug dealing, violence, baby mama syndrome or the high black drop out rates. I mean, like a good 30% of African american males are in jail. I'm tired of it.Why in the hell can't them knuckleheads get their shit together with all those resources and talent amongst your white masters and your schools and neighbourhoods still haven't been developed in to being worth a shit more than providing the media and racists with yet more ammunition since the fucking days of slavery? Please, I want to know, what the mess is the problem. Don't you know the world laughed at you when Katrina exposed your collective intellectual poverty? This is ridiculous, to have all that free potential and yet not achieve a got damn thing with it. LOSERS is what most folks would call such unproductive people. Don't get me wrong here, I not trying to be hateful; I mean continental Africans need to step our game up too, though at least we've made extreme progress within the past few decades in getting many of our social ills under control. Though African Americans as a whole seem like they're making no progress, and in actuality have gone backward. To have what you Americans have and yet be nothing more than unwanted appendages or mere cheap labor for a major world power like the US is just trifling ridiculous. All that potential wasted. I can't even joke about this shit because it make me too angry to even think about it. What the hell is it going to take to stop the rampant illiteracy holding you ex-slaves back; and save me the bullshit about white racism, because its like a colour-embedded mentality. Not all are mentally inept though a pretty damn large bunch are. You need like a complete re-engineering of you folks as a people.


Now I know that neither of these people addressed the issue, but I found the dialogue very funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home