Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Qualifications

Not too long ago someone offered to hook me up with one of their friends. Claiming, “I have plenty of single, beautiful friends in Houston. Just tell me what kind of girl you like.” To which I think I mumbled something along the lines of, “Well she should probably be odd… described as a little weird.” Which caused mass confusion. What did I mean by odd, weird, or different?

Since then I have been devoting some quality thinking time into figuring out what type of chic that I am interested in. You ask any woman what qualities you want in a man, and she can give you a list that would run down the block, but when you ask most guys you can barely get past “she’s gotta be cool”. Well here and now I will dictate what it is I am interested in at this point in my life. If you think this is you or you know of someone that meets the criteria, let me know. Unless I already know you, because clearly one of these things is not being met!

So let’s get the obvious out of the way. The woman of my dreams would have to be attractive. Luckily, this attractive criteria is more of a hurdle than a grading curve. If you meet a minimal limit of having something attractive about you, are not obese, and don’t scare small children with your smile, you meet that hurdle. Just because you might not be the hottest chic out there, your attractiveness can grow substantially by simply meeting the non-physical criteria that will be detailed below. Now if you are obese, nothing is attractive about you, and you scare small children… I can’t make any promises. So with that superficiality out of the way, let us begin.

Criteria 1: Don’t be stupid. This means, don’t speak about things that you do not know about. Use your ability to think and not to regurgitate to communicate with others.

Criteria 2: Be discontent. If you look at the world and everything seems honky-dory we have a problem. The world may not be on the brink of destruction, but there are certainly problems that are staring us in the face. You must be inspired to at least think about these things. They don’t have to keep you up at night, but just be aware.

Criteria 3: Be inspired. You must long to accomplish something. Have a drive to change what is around you. I know that I have that drive and I need someone to walk that road with me. Changing the world will take hard work and poor rewards and I will need some moral support to embark on that path.

Criteria 4: Love to learn. Loving to learn means that you dive into something to see what the insides are like. Big points for this one are available to readers, students, teachers.

Bonus: Be a music lover. Have music move your soul, not just your eardrums. By the way, loving crap music is a huge negative. If you tell me that you are just dying over that new Jeezy album, you fail.

Criteria 5: Respect yourself. This means that you are capable of being happy without a man. You would have to think of me as an enhancement, as an equal, and as a vessel for progress.

Bonus: Sense of humor. This is damn near essential, because the world can be too harsh to not laugh.

That’s about it… well it would help if she could cook, sing, was drop dead gorgeous, and independently wealthy. On top of all these things though, the person has to have that IT factor.

No one falls in love with the qualities of a person, but with the person. So that’s why lists are a little stupid. They are the descriptions of the real thing, and could be totally off the mark.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tatamwari said...

I am personally offended.

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I assume that someone who claims to want such a female will have complementary characters. Don't you think that you know at least one girl who is at least [borderline] attractive, has a great sense of humor, loves music, can cook, is inspired, etc? You should perhaps stop and mentally list out your female friends and think of those (or that one) that make you laugh, enjoys cooking, attending concerts/ enjoys music, etc. These lists of what I want in a person can be tiresome especially as in the end, this ideal girl is usually right in front of you.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home