Monday, December 15, 2008

Handwriting

As I wrote my To Do List for the day, I noticed yet again something interesting about my handwriting. The older I get, the more my handwriting resembles that of my fathers. I find this to be most fascinating. As a kid, my handwriting did not resemble much of anything, let alone letters or numbers, but the years have improved my scripts appearance. But why does it mimic my father’s? I can see how mannerisms are copied from parents to children. The child is constantly exposed to the personality and character traits of the parent, and is bound to be influenced by that. Also, physiologically, we might be predisposed to certain behaviors (aka It’s in the blood). But handwriting, what can account for that. Unlike the conscious exposure to personality, my father’s handwriting was neither important nor frequently exposed to me as a child. My mother’s handwriting was far more prevalent in the household but still in the background.

I have concluded that this phenomena is caused by some subconscious will or, more exciting, that my body is tuned to produce handwriting of a certain type. Maybe no one else finds this cool, but it is my thought for the day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

does your dad's signature look like...'scribble scribble scribble'?

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit I find it very exciting! Nature or nurture?

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home